- Food Intolerance
- What Is Food Intolerance?
- Dairy Intolerance
- Gluten Intolerance
- Lactose Intolerance
- Wheat Allergies
- Wheat Intolerance
- Histamine Intolerance
- Food Intolerance Symptoms
- Allergy Testing
- Order Tests
- Case Studies
How does the ImuPro Food Intolerance test work?
Your immune system is designed to protect the body from illness, but in allergic people the body can also exhibit an immune-like response to specific foods.
As part of this immune response, the body produces antibodies which send a "false alarm" that an invasion is taking place. The body will often respond with chronic symptoms in order to deal with with the perceived threat.
The ImuPro300 test detects specific antibodies in the blood to pinpoint intolerances to 271 specific foods and additives.
Food components are placed in 271 test tubes in order to test for antibodies to the 271 foods and additives. A minute amount of your blood sample is then added to each test tube.
If a food intolerance exists, antibodies will develop and will bind with the food or additive components. Sensitive measuring instruments measure the level of bound antibodies which allows us to ascertain the level of intolerance.
How Is ImuPro Different?
Unlike other food intolerance / allergy tests on the market...
- The ImuPro300 test can detect intolerances to 271 different food types through a simple blood test.
- The ImuPro300 test does not test for intolerance to foods in groups. For example, when the blood is tested for intolerances to fish, it is tested for individual species of fish rather than fish as a whole. So your test results may detail that you have an intolerance to salmon but are free to eat any other type of fish. In this way your diet does not become too restrictive.
- Rather than merely confirming whether or not a food sensitivity exists, the ImuPro300 test results feature a 5-point sliding scale from "no intolerance" to "severe intolerance".
- Along with your test results you are provided with a personalised food rotation plan and recipe book to help you to avoid or limit your intake of problem foods.
Clinical details - how the test works
The ImuPro300 test detects IgG antibodies in the blood. The antibodies are formed to fight against substances, which the body perceives as intruders. Defence reactions, within the immune system, occur when the body perceives that an intruder has entered, in this case a particular food or additive. The antibodies (immunoglobin) attach themselves to the intruders and mark them as foreign bodies. Other cells within the immune system then commence to render the intruder harmless; the intruders are usually eliminated by the body before they can cause any damage. This natural mechanism is duplicated in the vaccination process; dead pathogens (empty virus shells) are harmless to the body and are used as vaccines. The immune system then forms antibodies against their structure, thereby protecting the body from future attacks. The body is immunised, specific antibodies have been formed, which precisely fit the components of the pathogen (invader).
In the case of the perceived intruder being a food or additive, the immune reactions are constantly occurring; if the diet is not changed the reaction may become chronic. A multitude of chronic health problems can be attributed to reactions by the body to foods and additives, which it perceives as intruders. The immune system is put under stress by the intruder and this can lead to malfunctions in the body processes.
Food may become an enemy to the body and the constant defence reactions may weaken it.
The immune system’s goal is to render the intruder harmless, however in doing so it releases aggressive enzymes, oxygen radicals and toxic materials. Though these components are released to attack the intruder they also damage the body’s tissue
The ImuPro300 test can detect antibodies to 271 individual food types in your blood, the higher the concentration of antibodies in the blood, to a particular food type, the higher the intolerance level.
When there is an immune reaction messengers are released, which communicate between the cells. In order for the body to function effectively there must be a healthy balance of cells and messengers.
TNF – a (tumour-necrosis-factor-alpha)
The TNF – a messenger, which is released during the course of the immune reaction, is very important; if it is present in high concentration, it attaches to the insulin receptors of the cells. This creates problems in that it leads to incorrect regulation of blood sugar levels, which may lead to a number of health problems.
Having difficulty maintaining a healthy weight?
The level of blood sugar rises after consuming food, which is quite normal. Insulin is then automatically released from the pancreas; the insulin then binds to special receptors of individual cells and enables the cells to absorb the sugar from the food. In addition TNF –a also attaches to these receptors; the natural function of the messenger is to restrict the energy supply of degenerating cells. If large quantities of these messengers are released, the absorption of blood sugar into the cells is obstructed. Food intolerances can affect insulin production.
- the level of blood sugar rises
- blood sugars are converted into fatty acids
- blood sugars are deposited in the fat cells
- high blood sugar levels cause an increase in the amount of insulin which is released from the pancreas
- fat stored in the fat cells cannot be burned, as is usually the case
- the body cannot access the stored fat so craves a new supply
- the body often desires more of the damaging food, perpetuating the problem
- a cycle of self perpetuating weight gain
An ever increasing amount of insulin must be released in order to transport the blood sugar to the cells; high insulin concentrations lead to insulin resistance, which can trigger T2 diabetes. Avoiding the offending foods can reduce the need for insulin and prevent the progression of the disease.
The body requires energy and if the cell’s energy supply is restricted (as above), it can only fulfill its tasks in the body to a limited extent, this affects the entire body’s efficiency, resulting in exhaustion.
Typical consequences are:
- chronic diseases of unknown cause
- chronic inflammation- joints glands thyroid
- gastrointestinal complaints of all kinds- including chrohns coeliac disease irritable bowel syndrome
- skin problems including acne eczema psoriasis
- psychological problems - including depression
- chronic fatigue
- weight gain/loss
Patient Success Stories
"It works! I am so glad I did the tests! It's pretty amazing to me. I have been looking for the answer to migraines since I was 13 and I am now 56. I have talked to every Dr. I came in contact with. So, help then comes from half way around the world, via the internet, with a lab in Germany. Go figure. To me, it's the equivalent of making a moonshot, lol!"
"My digestive problems have done a 180 degree turn, my mood is changing to a more pleasant one and I have already dropped a pant size"
Eva, Castle Hill NSW
"I have had a huge improvement over the past 36 hours it's been amazing really!!!"
Wendy, Noosa QLD
"I am so thankful this test was available. Since being on this diet, I have felt the best I have felt in a very long time."
Caron - Blue Mountains, NSW
"Thank you so much, ImuPro has changed my life. I have gone from sleeping 20 hours out of 24 to being up and about, back to my life."
Hamish - Napier, New Zealand
"I was delighted to receive my results from Imupro recently. I was very impressed by the comprehensive nature of the analysis. As a practicing G.P. ordering pathology tests all the time, one expects a brief set of figures with very little in the way of discussion. This is not the case with Imupro."
Dr N. J. Baker - Redcliffs, VIC